binarymadnessbinarymadness

Main Games Reviews Stats

Sonic V Knuckles Sonic V Knuckles

I'd say,...

1. The sonic sprite has to be either a .png file or a .gif file with transparency. .jpg of .bmp files, for example, can't have transparent backgrounds.

My advice would be to open up the sonic sprites in an advanced graphics program like Photoshop, erasing the white background and then saving them as .png or .gif with transparency activated.

You could also edit every single frame of the sprite animation with Flash, putting a mask on the sprites, but that would be quite painful...

2. The frames of some of those animations don't seem to be properly aligned, that means each frame has an offset. The result is this "itching".
Do you know "onion skinning"? That could help you.
http://www.webdevelopersnotes.com/tut orials/flash/flash_tutorial_beginner_
onion_skinning.php3
With the help of onion skinning, you can check if certain points, like the feet, are always in the same place in each frame. Of course, it gets more complicating, if the character is walking or running ;-)

3. Hm, my first guess would be to pick a lower quality for the background music.

Erwin Rommel Slide Show Erwin Rommel Slide Show

Pointless...

I don't see any entertainment or educational value in this movie.

You don't get to know anything about Erwin Rommel, what kind of person he was, what he did exactly during the war, etc.

And even as an slideshow, this isn't very good. Some pictures are stretched, have a low resolution or still watermarks on them. It looks like you just went to Google Image Search and took whatever you could find. That's not really an accomplishment...

I'm surprised this movie still has a relatively high score. Either there is a relatively big Erwin Rommel fanclub here at Newgrounds, or all the critical people didn't care to look at or rate this movie.

theshadowispresent responds:

you have to go to my website Http://www.NaziGermany.org to learn more about him

flashy lines flashy lines

Nice

Hey, that wasn't bad, especially for a beginner.

It gets a little repetitive over time, but it's nice none the less.

Paradox Embrace Paradox Embrace

The different worlds are awesome!

The three different worlds and the puzzles are great and very well done.
I especially liked the background music that changes it's style when you switch between worlds.

Icycle Icycle

Really stylish!

The gameplay is clever and hard to master,
the graphics, atmosphere and aethetics are just awesome.

This game really shows what flash games can do!

Dale & Peakot Dale & Peakot

Great execution!

The gameplay of this game works very well, but it's the execution where it really shines.

The graphics are done very professionelly and could compete with games like Castle Crashers. The characters are fun to look at, the animatios are well done, the music creates a nice atmosphere and there are nice little details like the parralax scrolling background.

Great work!